View Single Post
      12-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
BBMk
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 BMW newbie

Immediately after the install, I told the manager the job was poor. He reassured me that he does jobs for several BMW and Mercedes dealerships. He also said if I had my job done at the dealership I purchased my car the job would be worse because he knows the installer does bad work. (I think its totally unprofessional to make that statement about other people since it's his work that's questionable. ) My view is he tried to put a "car" installation on a SUV. This installer was recommended on a popular VW/Audi forum.

I was very specific with the shop that I wanted the X3 - 3M template installed on my car. I never haggled him on price...so it's not like I tried to force him to install less material on my car.

My view is with forums like Xbimmer etc. it's hard to pull a fast one over people and get away with it. My only recourse is to give him bad press and warn other potential buyers. I also asked 3M for help since the shop is a listed(or claims to be)an authorized 3M installer.

I will give him a chance on Monday to settle on something reasonable. I basically want some of the money back on the job so I can get the job done properly elsewhere. He won't lose because the 3M material is not that expensive...its more the labour cost in the job.
Appreciate 0