fiddy yen
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
fiddy yen,
Don't assume I'm against any dealership making profit.

I'm sorry if you think people should just shut up and pay msrp. The fact is the dealer charges $400 to place an order, then they charge the pdi, then they expect $5000 for the pleasure of selling the car... really?? bmw charges $2000 to deliver the car to Canada

sorry... I think a couple grand is reasonable profit for the dealer considering the buyer payes for everything else. 2 G's should cover the commission of the sales guy and any of the management who have their hands out.

The reason why most of us can buy a bimmer is because we can manage money.
Most of us that buy bimmers know how to manage money correct. But most people that buy Bimmers also are aware that people can negotiate prices. Furthermore most people that can buy bimmers make a fair bit of money by working or managing something and generating an income through profit... catch my drift?

Like any business, it's set up to make a profit. That $5000 markup doesn't include any other fixed or variable costs to operating a dealership. Regardless of what type of business it is... I don't think its fair to disclose this information to a public place... unless its your business.
2006 BMW 330i - //M rep kit with custom exhaust, H&R springs, 19" VMR - SOLD
Appreciate 0