View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
xaos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango131 View Post
interesting. I must have gotten the july special pehaps it's just a random thing, like the tires mounted in each car. although our european folks swear that all 4 cyl cars have black grilles, which is what I saw at the factory. who knows. weird stuff.
I wonder if it is a European thing for the smaller engines to have black and you got the wrong grilles by accident? I would guess the black grilles have been around longer than the 4cyl N20 engine was going in to the X3. My "watch your X3 being built video" frustratingly had the "Live Camera Temporarily Not Available" message for the final drive-off shot, and the stock footage they replaced it with has what appears to be black grilles. I have no idea what spec the vehicle is (the angle is even different from the "live" footage - see pic), but I doubt they re-shot that footage since it was originally created a couple of years ago.

Similarly, I suppose anyone in the US that believes that their dealer might have swapped out the grilles, which I find unlikely, could check their production video as well to see what was on during manufacture. Assuming the live footage was available *cough*. The last two shots - touch-down and drive-off - should be pretty clear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0