View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #67
jk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 x3 35i

i think there's nothing wrong with the original question. the op is saying he has no absolute categories beyond, i suppose, 4wheel or awd and a wagon/suv/cuv form factor. he is ready to consider luxury or non-luxury, being aware that there are benefits and costs [monetary or non-monetary] to each. same for handling, power, storage capacity and so on. ultimately only he can establish the subjective values which he attaches to a certain amount of money, a certain amount of luxury, and certain amount of driving-experience. only he can say whether he cares about the social perception of the brand. [like him, i don't. in fact, i would have preferred that a less "prestigious" brand - and a less expensive one - optimized my own algorithm. if subaru still made legacy gt maual wagons, i'd probably buy another. but they don't.] i think there is nothing wrong with throwing it all out there for discussion. i suggest that those who are offended by the very question should express their disapproval by not involving themselves in this discussion.
Appreciate 0