07-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #25
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCat View Post
my update...it ain't pretty; dealer finally got the parts in (after 1+ Week delay due to being held up by US Customs-thats another bs excuse as far as I'm concerned but whatever...) got the work done, and last Thursday night they brought my baby back! Got in it and before the salesguy left with the loaner I gave it a try..the shade was closed when he arrived, so I opened it..all good..go to close it, and....ITS STILL BROKEN!!!! Yes, after 3+ weeks of having my car, they succeeded in doing absolutely nothing. The shade did exactly the same as it had initially-only the first panel comes across, and makes a nasty clunking sound as the second panel gets hung up. amazing...

I withheld my fury..the salesman was embarrassed and apologetic-he was going to take it back but frankly, at that point I wasn't sure I wanted them to touch my car again, so he took the loaner and promised that the Service Mgr would call first thing in the morning.

Well, overnight I got the automatic "how did you like your service survey" email from BMWUSA. I figured I'd wait to see if I got the promised call before filling it out...suprise, no call...by 11 am with still no call, I went ahead and filled out the survey, and told it like it was..

Apparently those things get through, because the Service Mgr called me within the hour! Not due to the salesguy telling him to call me (apparantly he never relayed that msg, only that the sunroof was still broken..) but he was calling in part to tell me how damaging to the dealership it is for them to receive such a poor review!!! After I apologized to him for not knowing the rules in that I should have gotten the right answers from him for the survey before sending it...(yeah, right), they now are picking my car up again tomorrow morning and will again tear it apart to check what happened-if it is the same issue, as I am certain it is, they are petitioning BMW to just replace the entire sunroof, and not just the shade. If that is the case, they will reassemble and get my car back to me so I have it while the inevitable 3+ week wait for the new parts unfolds.

I am pretty concerned about having this same dealer try to get it right, and also to have my headliner and entire sunroof torn apart again, but not sure what other options I have. It isn't "Bob's BMW and surf shop"..they handle Mercedes and Porshe, so I think they are fully capable, but this is crazy...

and yes, my friends and family are having a field day with this...
How long did you have your car before this all happened?
Appreciate 0