06-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #8
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
FWIW, this is an aid to oblivious drivers, to help cut through their brain crust, so they don't crash into your vehicle while eating, texting, applying mascara and "controlling" their offspring.
Huh? How is a reflector going to help? I assume you said that in jest. They seem to do just fine in Europe without the reflector, so safety is not an issue. And if a driver at night when my car is parked on the street hits the front end because there is no reflector, he's got bigger problems in not seeing my car. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
Body color or black/smoked overlay seem suboptimal. IMHO i'd just leave it alone unless there was a way to remove the orange crystal itself inside the headlamp unit.
Many people over the years have done exactly that, often referred to as the "clear corner mod". You have to bake the headlight in an oven, to get the lens off. And then you break off the reflector, and silicone back on the lens. Way more work and risk than I'm willing to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
Maybe this is a subtle compromise. We installed chrome/silver light bulbs in the turn signal lights. Looks great, blinks orange. Removes some of the orangeness from the reflector area. Even if you do cover the orange part you'd probably still want to go this route and replace with non-orange lights.

I bought these but they are no longer available:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
I have similar bulbs already on the way. Osram Diadem Chromes.
Appreciate 0