View Single Post
      05-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #109
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Having experienced similar fraustrations with other premium brands (mainly Mercedes) I continue to be disappointed by the low level of customer service I have experienced at so many dealers. Delayed cars. Repeated repair returns with the same fault. Lack of loan cars even for service visits. Sorry- we were too busy to spray wash your car. No replies to emails / calls. It is as if their monopoly allows them to get away with it. The tip I was given was look to see how many demo cars a dealer has. Those with the most at launch (I always look for more than 2) have got a better relationship with HQ and so may offer better discounts and be more worried by bad PR that could damage this. I have often bought up to 100miles away from home to get this edge. Has saved me thousands of £ and did again this time around. In my experience strong dealers also tend to have lower staff turnover- another clue to successful service. Sadly local servicing is convenient so returning to those with poorer service can be hard to avoid. Good service is out there. Just hard to find when it should be standard at the prices charged.*
Appreciate 0