Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Hey everyone. Let's remember the OP of this thread--me.

I am extremely disappointed in BMW not being very tactful or responsible regarding Lotus' car, however my problem was the same as his, and BMW was very on point when it came to finding a solution. My car is entirely fixed. The only problem with timing was that my dealership lied to me, and shipping took a while.

But for your sigh of relief, if nobody was paying attention before--the problem is a faulty transfer case. When they replaced my transfer case, the problem disappeared. So you can breathe easy knowing there IS a solution. The only matter is getting BMW to approve it across the board, so part replacement is quick and painless.
Really? Touchy, touchy. I guess we should have started a new thread where we could talk about the fact that Lotus7's issue hasn't been resolved. Wow.
You misunderstand what I'm saying. I'm not saying "get out this is my thread." I am happy to have this conversation no matter where it is. I am not attacking you. I was just noting that there isn't a need to be concerned as to the problem with the car, as the solution does exist and this thread is my word-spreading medium.

I have a full appreciation for Lotus7's problem, and my heart goes out to him and anyone else who should encounter this misfortune, but I was just making sure you all understood that panic need not exist. The car is fixable, but it's going to take a few months before BMWNA is comfortable offering the same solution to all of it's dealers.

Sorry if I came off like a kindergartener, I just don't want anyone who reads this thread to not buy the car because they think this is the ultimate overlying unfixable ailment. God forbid the RX beats our beloved X3.
Appreciate 0