Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DslDwg View Post
Everybody's personal situation is going to be different As well as their priorities with car ownership.

I'm personally not interested in worrying about repair costs, the fact that BMW covers most all maintenance costs is a bonus.

I would prefer to have new cars to know that they will be reliable so when I'm traveling for work my wife won't have to worry about an old car falling apart on her.

I also don't want the risk of getting in a large accident and having a car that I can't get out of because the value no longer aligned with what I owe on the car.

What the OP has to weigh out is are you willing to take on the potential burden of high maintenance costs. Can you afford to replace a turbocharger or a set of shocks/struts. Can you rent a car while yours is in the shop getting a major repair made. If your disciplined enough to set aside the money you're not paying on payments to make repairs and the car still meets your needs then go for it.

I would guess most BMW owners have never priced major components on the car to understand the cost of repairs.
Appreciate 0