View Single Post
      11-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
DslDwg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_chrissy View Post
If you are driving any luxury car, there will be maintenance costs. It is not just BMW, but Mercedes, Acura, Land Rover, Audi, etc, they all have "high" maintenance costs. However, just don't go to the dealership if it is out of warranty. I have friends who have older BMW's and they go to a repair shop and it is little more than a Honda Accord but it is reasonable, not scary.

I personally saved and paid for the car however, I know people don't have that luxury. The sales manager had told me that he sees many people leasing because most people would not be able to afford the car outright. To a degree, I believe that is true…however, everybody has their own reasons ya know?

Renting a car while your car is in the shop, if you have rental insurance on your policy, you can rent a car while in the shop. I have!
Older BMW's are not much more than Honda Accord - the problem is if you believe in using OEM parts for repairs on the cars. Regardless if the car is now worth $10,000 dollars the parts are still for a $40,000 car making repairs almost pointless unless the car has some sentimental value. I got to a point owning an older Infiniti where the price of the struts was more than the car itself was worth.

I've got a friend who buy and owns his cars then drives the wheels off them. Good for him I'm not interested. I enjoy having a new car every few years. I've got another friend who has owned the same M6 every three years about five times over now. Though I guess the latest one is a much different M6. All what works for you.

My wife's 2013 X3 is coming due early next year and I would be happy to own a new version of that car as I really enjoy her car and it has been a very good car. Though I would like to get some options this time around that we didn't the first time.
Appreciate 0