View Single Post
      03-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #236
ings
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
I must say the x3 lci with xline is really gorgeous. Bmw has done a great job.
I own a 2013 X3 I'm very happy with and I've read this thread with interest. I plan on keeping my current X3 for a few more years, but I find the announcement interesting for perhaps a different reason than many of the previous posters ...

While I agree with those who find the wider headlights unattractive, in the greater scheme of things this is like fashion designers making suit lapels and ties wide, then narrow, then wide again ... it's a fashion thing and doesn't matter all that much (IMHO) ... it will probably change again in 3 years.

My interest is more about technology, and I think its great to see BMW finally deploying into the X3 things such as lane assist, adaptive cruise control, parking assist. My semi-informed opinion is that BMW has not been keeping up with the industry in this regard, and Audi in particular, but also many of the non luxury brands who have been deploying these features in recent years.

Is there some cultural or engineering reason why BMW is late to the party? As a luxury brand it should be leading the industry in deployment of advanced technology but it seems to have become a follower.

There, that ought to stir things up a bit

Dave Ings

Last edited by ings; 03-02-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0