Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangsta View Post
During a heat spell in the last week of June (the temperature was above 30*C / 86*F) my brake pedal started to sink under constant pressure and need to be depressed further and further to maintain the same braking force.

A few times at a stop, I'd be holding the brake pedal constantly and the car would start rolling forward again until I pressed the brakes further, all the way until it was about 1 inch off the floor.

I haven't read about any issues like this concerning F25s, but all other forums seem to point to a faulty master cylinder.

I took the car in to the shop a couple days ago, but with it being a relatively cool day, they weren't able to replicate the issue and the diagnostics ended there (after also checking for fault codes).

There's a lot of you in much warmer climates than here in Calgary... Anyone else experienced this issue? I feel like the dealership could/should have been more proactive, but I'm a bit at a loss as to what else they could do. Thoughts?
It was just 90 degrees here in Chicago and I drove the car around all day and had absolutely no problems, must be your car.
Appreciate 0