10-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #50
slyfox
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3-20d (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSaabman View Post
I've just taken delivery of a new 2.0 litre diesel X3 (F25) and am absolutely delighted with it (coming up to 1000 miles on the clock). Absolutely brilliant vehicle!!

I am about to replace my old mobile phone too. I was looking at maybe buying an Apple 4s until, I too, realised that Apple phones do not have an external antenna connection... Asking around, I gather that few if any moblie phones marketed in the last year or so have external antenna connections.

It seems a real shame to waste the substantial signal gains in using the X3 roof antenna, especially as I live in a rural hilly area. So I am now wondering about sourcing an older new old stock or secondhand phone (with an external antenna socket) to use. But I would obviously prefer it to be a phone model for which BMW have a snap-in adaptor available...

Can anyone suggest a mobile phone model that has both an external antenna socket AND BMW snap-in adaptor for in car charging available? I understand - but have yet to confirm - that many Nokias did. Having said that, I'm not that fussed on the phone maker & if anyone actually has a phone (from whichever manufacturer) that does the job, I'd be delighted to know!

Many thanks for any suggestions :-)
Hi ExSaabman:

I don't know if this helps but i have had BMW 330D from 2004-2008.
This also had a snap-in adapter. I had two Nokia phones a 6210 and a 6310i. These both had a antenna connection on the back. this really did help with the reception when traveling in hilly or / and built up areas.
photos attached.

I believe the adapters have not changed that much so maybe the older adapters will fit in the X3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0