06-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #274
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_3 View Post
Ok, so after reading all of these posts, I think I might know what is going on with the whole M-sport/sport suspension delete/DHP...it seems as though the M-sport option deletes the sport suspension when ordered in the US, yet we get the rocker switch which many have documented controls the chassis feel (per iDrive menus and customer seat time). My thought, is that when you order M-sport in the US, they delete the sport suspension because the sport suspension is a "fixed" suspension, meaning no adjustment of the damping, etc is possible. The M-sport comes with some sort of adjustable suspension, just not as "dynamic" as that in the DHP, meaning it can only adjust the rates of all 4 corners at the same time, not indivually like the DHP.

So I don't think the sports suspension delete of the M-sport package is actually giving you the standard suspension...that just doesn't make any sense given the nature of that package. I think we are getting an adjustable suspension, just not as advanced as the EDC in the DHP.
This is probably the most sensible explanation I've read.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0