View Single Post
      03-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #39
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

customer service is a dying art. i don't think that some of the dealerships give a rat's a** about providing good service, esp since they aren't getting paid for the first 4yrs/50K. please note that i said SOME dealerships, not all. also, i know they have already been paid for the 4yrs/50K but they don't see it that way...at least that's how they act. as such, some of them like to cut corners (ie, the whole "diagnostics not showing a problem, therefore we won't check out the actual part" bullsh**). i'm glad that bmw north america can sort of act like a system of checks/balances.

judd, i'm so glad you got some help today. the guy from bmw-na who helped me, zach, is now (i'm sure much to his chagrin) on my speed dial.

the thing about the diagnostics not showing a problem is such crap. i mean do they think i'm making this problem up? like i somehow get joy out of telling them that the oil temp sensor malfunction light went on? i don't even know enough about cars to make this stuff up. i mean if i hadn't read it on the dashboard i wouldn't have even known there was such thing as an oil temp sensor! to me it's like a patient who complains about a palpable breast lump but is told not to worry about it since the mammogram is negative...

okay, thanks for listening to my ranting and raving. i'll stop already...
Appreciate 0