View Single Post
      03-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #23
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

Well, I'm hoping to get a call from the dealer tomorrow so that I can pick up my X3. In the mean time, I've enjoyed driving my sporty little 328i loaner--beautiful blue exterior but with a not-so-hot butterscotch-like interior. I guess I shouldn't say that--I just wouldn't have picked that interior with the blue..not my taste.

Yep, the mechanic actually said FREON. I told my husband the whole story and he said the same thing: FREON???? I suppose it's just easier to say than HFC-134a?

As for the reliability issue, betto0515, don't worry. The good thing with these cars is that they have the 4yr/50K warranty. Of course none of us want to sit around in the dealership every other week getting things repaired, but I don't foresee that happening. I agree with Lotus. You kind of have to expect some of these glitches to pop up here and there and try to roll with it. I understand, though..it can be a little aggravating at times. I think I got spoiled because I never had any unscheduled maintenance issues with my 2003 325xi. On the other hand, when I was 16 years old, I had a lot of problems with a brand new Honda Accord--supposedly the most reliable (and probably most boring) machine on the planet.

Hang in there betto...

And thanks, Lotus, for your awesome posts. Wish I had just a millionth of your knowledge on cars!
Appreciate 0