Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey08 View Post
Hi everyone,

I ordered my X3 a few weeks ago, and paid ~950$ above invoice (not taking into account trade in... and there were no incentives), and they don't expect that I'll get it for another 6 - 8 weeks. I'm seeing people on the forum talk about how they paid 400$ above invoice, or even $200!!! Not sure if this is a bit faux paux to ask, but it'd be a nice to have an idea if I paid too much.

A moderately related note: I got a decent deal on my trade in from the dealer (an amount between excellent and good condition based on blue book, and there was at least ~1500$ retail worth of repairs to be done on it).

Thoughts?
It seems that the farther you are away from the production plant the longer you'll have to wait for the car. I'm not sure what options you got but in regards to $950 under invoice so called programs such as Costco are much worse in regards and cost $+1500s at the minimum

I've never traded in a used vehicle but I'd expect the dealership to make a premium since that's what they do. It seems like it matters more in the region you're buying the vehicle in than anything, sometimes the dealer can get better incentives or a quicker allocation than your closest/first choice than another dealer.

In my personal experience I wasn't even considering an X3 but an Lexus IS350 based on my lifestyle. A dealer in Minnesota, Michigan had the color and options I wanted but based on the extra transportation fee ($2000) I declined

PS: Look towards other dealerships in your area or other states, they might have better offers.
Appreciate 0