View Single Post
      10-21-2023, 04:55 AM   #152
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Max screwed the pouch in 1st sector
Verstappen: “I mean I knew in [Turn] 19 it was going to be a close call. I had a little mistake in Turn 1, I had to really push for it in the rest of the lap... Honestly, I didn’t even steer, I just tried to maximise the corner and I misjudged it by a little bit, it’s very fine margins when you are pushing to the limit. It makes the Sunday a bit more fun! I mean it’s probably not ideal, but I’ve also started further back and it’s all about if you have good pace, you will pass, you will move forward. We want to win so of course today was not ideal but it’s still a long race, a lot of things we can do better and have a bit of fun out there as well.”

Locking up in Turn 1, sending him a little wider (yellow sector instead of green or purple) + sliding a little wider in Turn 19 and still clocking a P1 time nevertheless (deleted): an indication that he'll be capable to outpace the whole field if he manages to safely maneuver through the front runners pack. Both Russell and Hamilton are starting ahead of him. Gonna be interesting. Hopefully no contact during lap 1.
GuidoK11110.00