View Single Post
      07-13-2023, 11:05 PM   #1
chris55552
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x3 35i

Didnt even make it home from the dealer (water pump and thermostat)

For anyone considering getting a waterpump and thermostat replaced as proactive measure, Dont let what happened to me happened to you. I purchased mine in houston tx, being from Louisiana it was a 300 mile drive both ways. Picked up the car on the way home didnt even get out of houston and it started overheating, which was around 4pm in the evening. Had to get off the loop and pulled off into the pasadena area and called the dealership the asswhole salesman was more worried about me tearing up the vehicle than my safety. Phone dies after multiple attempts to reach someone and not knowing where I was, and the people in that area arent real fluent in english and im not so fluent in spanish so it was a mess. I ended up sleeping in the car, woke up at 3 in the morning and a cop stopped and called a cab for me to go to a hotel to get rested and ready to tee off on the dealership that morning. Its going to go out eventually and your probably going to get stranded so be proactive with it and just avoid what happened to me. Im lucky i wasnt killed that night.
Appreciate 0