View Single Post
      11-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #3
Orpheustor
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ef View Post
So if it’s not showing on a carfax. More than likely they had it done by a smaller shop. I personally always have my mechanic do an inspection before I buy a used car. Providing they are close by
Thanks very much for replying. Unfortunately, we don't have a carfax equivalent in the UK to check for servicing on a car. We can only run checks against the MOTs, which are required yearly to make sure a car is safe to drive. Garages, even the smaller outfits, are supposed to update the car's service record booklet with the date and details of servicing work that has been done. That's the UK anyway but I'm not sure if it differs in other countries. So in this case, presuming it should have had more than 2 services in 69K miles, either the service booklet has been lost and they just have a couple of receipts for past services, or the previous owners have skipped some of the servicing. Even if a car is in good working condition, without being able to prove it's had the correct servicing, you lose significant value when selling or part-exchanging it in the future. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0