Drives: 2020 BMW X3 30d M-sport

Garage List
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZM40i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshenriksen View Post
Hey guys,

I've had my X3 30d since March this year and to this date I don't regret buying!

However in August I started to hear this crunch sound when reversing to the left at full lock out of my parking lot and when I parallel park (also in reverse to the left). It sounds like as when you step on new fallen snow - if that makes sense… And only appears for a second or two.

The sound is NOT there when I reverse to the right. Not even when I really try to get it to show.

The "crunch" is only when reversing.

I've had it to dealer twice and the 1st time they did something to the rack and said if it didn't help I should wait until I put on my winter tires.
Neither did help.

2nd time he replaced the right wheel bearing at the front right… Didn't help either.
After the wheel bearing replacement I've also now started to hear clunk noise on the right when I drive over bumps and stuff.

I've read on threads in here that it maybe has something to do with the axle geometry, but isn't it weird I only get the sound to the left and not the right???

And what should I do with the newly found clunk noise over speed bumps?
I occasionally hear this noise. Reversing with wheel to the left. Not full lock left. Maybe half way. Most of the time it is when I return home and I am backing into my garage. Right when I let off the brake. But then it goes away. And it doesn't happen every time. I have a pre LCI - MY21 - Adaptive Suspension (Not all pre LCI came with adaptive but all LCI did. Wondering if it is something to do with the Adaptive?) It doesn't happen every time and I can't get the car to make the noise intentionally. Ever.

I have taken it to dealer once for this and they couldn't reproduce the noise. There are older posts for pre LCI cars that have tracked this to a cracked suspension top mount. I specifically asked my dealer to check the mounts. They said everything was good. There is also a thread out there where someone posted a video of their car making the noise. I considered showing my dealer the video "this is the noise my car is making". I can't find the thread at the moment... I have also seen some stuff about torn bellows around the suspension components. Might be worth looking to ensure all of your bellows are intact?
Thanks a lot! Glad I'm not the only one to have this problem. Let me know if you manage to find the video
Dealer said the replacement of right wheel bearing fixed the noise when they test drove it, but already on my way home I managed to produce the sound again. I wonder if we hear the same noise.
I will send this reply to dealer to have them check
Appreciate 0