beemsdream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 3.5i N55 F25

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemsdream View Post
I have a 2011 X3 35i N55 with 136,000 miles on it. When I first go to start up my car and back it out of the garage in the morning, it feels like the brakes are on. Most times when I shift the car into reverse it almost jumps and will not roll backward without heavy acceleration. There are no warning lights or faults on the dash. There is also nothing coming up on my Schwaben Multi-System Elite Scanner either. There is no issue putting the car in park or drive only when shifting it into reverse to back up.

So far I have replaced the transmission filter, drivetrain oil, and also heated the car up and shifted through the gears as they say to do after replacing these parts. Even after doing these things my issue still occurs.

Any and all suggestions or past experiences with this or a similar issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steve Beemer
I would just like to provide an update on the car after checking a couple more things. When I went out to the car this morning after it sitting in the garage all night I started the car and shifted it into neutral and was not able to push the car back at all. When the car was in neutral it was creeping forward when the brake pedal was released. After driving the car around for +20 minutes when I shifted into neutral it was not creeping forward anymore at all and when I shifted back into reverse it would bake up with little to no resistance. My hunch is telling me that the issue has got to be something with the transmission itself or the steptronic shifter mechanism. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0