View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #38
Volkom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3

These are fantastic pictures- you should really consider making some sort of online manual much like Bentley used to have! Did you make them yourself?
I tried testing leads in the glove-box fuses today but I don't know exactly what the physical frame of the people working on these cars is supposed to be- you really have to contort to get in there haha. I'll try if every fuse is good.
Glad to see starter tech hasn't been overengineered yet haha.
I'm gonna tow the car up to my Dad's this weekend since he's got a driveway and we have some of our heavy duty equipment there. I'll try the starter stuff before we pull anything.

I tried moving the pulley again with a 22mm and a 2' wrench, wouldnt budge even a half of a degree.

Boroscope was our next step to see if it's anything obvious in the cylinders, then pouring some oil in from above and praying it moves just a bit.

I'll pull the valve cover last once I have it towed up.

To be completely honest I feel like if I broke a connecting rod or crankshaft I would have heard it, but then again i'm not in this situation very often.
It could be an oil starvation issue that caused it to seize, i wonder if it's the oil pump chain.

If it's an issue that BMW will extend it's warranty on per the litigation that's going to be decided in 20 days, I wonder if they will cover costs I incur doing an engine replacement myself or if I'll need a mechanic's quote. If i'm going to spend 1000 bucks for just a diagnosis I think i'd rather just pay 3000 and have a whole new engine.

I'll have more information soon.
Thank you again!
Appreciate 0