View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #32
bimmer67
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
So what if anything are you planning regards your car?

This morning I pulled the lower front underbelly cover - see pics. Bit of oil on the transfer case, but not much. Everything else is bone dry, knock on wood. Car has 66K on the clock.

Bill

Your transfer case looks very different than mine. Probably because your car has N52 motor.
It looks like that on your TC design it'll be easier to replace the gasket. Not sure about it but mine has 2 halves and the only way to replace a gasket on it would require taking it off and disassemble it completely......
You should check if yours is easier to fix in case you will need to later.
I'm sure you know that N52 is a good engine and you should be able to put a lot more miles on it if it's been taking cared of and you don't mind replacing VC gasket and oil pen gasket. Oil pen gasket is a pain to do but doable DiY.
Mine is N20 that I have no idea if it'll go another 1K or 40K before it grenades.
Some people are having wining noise as a symptom of the stretched chain and some have no symptoms before it goes.
I sent more pics to my SA and he told me he was going to send them to BMW rep who supposedly makes a call for warranty repairs.
If BMW will not replace it before CPO runs out I will get rid of the car. Unfortunately. And I'm pretty sure this will be my last bimmer.
According to BMW this transfer case has a "life time" fluid. It doesn't even have a drain plug like yours. And at the same time they tell me that CPO doesn't cover seepage...... BS... So that's where I'm at. Sucks....
I have a 2009 128i with manual with 75K. I'll keep that one for my son.
Good luck with yours.
Stan
Appreciate 0