View Single Post
      02-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Iowa X3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

I don't know what all the cold weather package has in it, but I can tell you, the first winter I had my X3 the washer fluid reservoir and the washer pump froze up very quickly. I mean, it wasn't even all that terribly cold out, below freezing of course, but even blue washer fluid is supposed to be resistant to freezing down to a certain temp. But mine froze up probably in the mid to upper 20's.

The washer fluid reservoir sits behind the passenger fender but on the outside of what I would consider the "engine compartment," so it doesn't get the advantage of absorbing much of the heat that is generated in there. It gets the brunt of the cold temps, though.

I would get the car inside of a garage; if you have a heater, put it up near the front passenger side area of the car and let it warm up. I bet it un-freezes your washer pump. Then, I would spray out all of the fluid in there and replace it with the purple power washer fluid, or the Rain-X orange stuff (which is what I use). Never had a problem since switching to Rain-X.
Appreciate 0