View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #2511
piyushu1234
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

I own a 2014 X3 (F25) with no nav and no enhanced bluetooth but has idrive in it. So I am unable to stream music from my phone via bluetooth. After doing some digging i found that Bimmercode or E-sys can be used to code and enable EBT in my car.

1. Lets talk about Bimmercode first. After reading numerous posts, it looks like there is no straight forward way to enable EBT. A looooot of parameters need to be changed and if you miss something, it may not work, or disable other features. If somebody has exact details of the parameters that needs to be changed then please share with me and I may follow that route.

2. E-Sys. It is a powerful tool and by VO/FDL coding, EBT can be enabled. So I have installed E-Sys 3.27.1 and E-Sys Launcher by TokenMaker 2.5.3 build 108. Now the problem is with the launcher. It keeps asking for generation of PIN. After doing some research I found that this launcher works if the system date is set to before 12/31/2017. Also, there is a script written by Tony Twoclicks that sets system date in other places. So set the system time to, say, 10/01/2017 and run that script. Now launcher will launch E-Sys. But I was wondering if that would cause any issue while coding, ex: when I write VO or FDL to the car, will an older system date cause any problem?

I am really new to coding, so any info is helpful. Also, if anybody has coded their F25, please give me the steps that you followed. And when I connect E-Sys to the car, there are many options in the dropdown. Do I have to select the one with F25 in it? I have seen people selecting different one. ex: 1 guy selected F10 for this F30 car.
Appreciate 0