Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d /X3 35i / R1200R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
The lease on my 2016 X3 will be coming to an end later this year (Nov) and I'm trying to decide if I should buy it or dump it.

I will be over on miles by about 6k but can buy those for $.16/mile if needed. I have about 35k on it now, likely will have 36k by Nov. So it will cost me about $1000 to turn it in.

I did buy the 'extensive wear and tear' coverage at the time of lease signing, so my tires can be worn out and it won't matter.

If it helps, the specs on the X3 are: Here
Xdrive 2.8
M-Sport Trim (with sport seats)
Silver w/ Black
Lighting Package
Tech Package
Comfort Acess
HK Sound
PDC
Heated Seats

I can buy it for about $30k, tax free, and will need to spend about $1200 on tires.

I still really like the car and the configuration. I want a new X3 but they don't lease well and are expensive.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions.
Bump
Since your lease is not up until November, and you know you are over on miles, my suggestion would be to wait to see if the lease terms are any better in October or November. You have time to still buy the lower cost miles and to see if there are any updates to the lease buyouts ($900 incentive on mine right now). Waiting will not impact the buyout much, so no harm in playing it out until the end.

My 2 cents - and worth nothing more!
Appreciate 1
pej744595.00