02-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #41
doru
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92, f25, e46, e83

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3uo View Post
FYI - instead of replacing my RDC module, I ended up disabling the TPMS system this weekend via VO coding and enabling the flat tire monitor (wheel speed sensor based instead of TPMS based). This seems to be working (knock on wood).

The sequence I followed was as follows:
I removed 2VB from the FA.
I then VO Coded ICM, KOMBI, HU_CIC, and DSC.

All works with no errors. I have Flat Tire Monitor Active. I did not disconnect the RDC Module (you can't just pull the fuse for TPMS in the X3 as this gave me DMTL errors which were on the same fuse).

As everything was working fine with no errors I just left the RDC module connected. Hopefully this will not lead to having problems later......
Interested in this. I live in Canada, and I currently own 4 BMW's. 3 have the wheel sensor based TPM system, whereas my X3 has the US TPMS system (It's a US model), which is a bit finicky compared to the other (which BTW work flawlessly). I was contemplating retrofitting the US spec TPMS system of the X to the wheel sensor based TPM. I read somewhere on one of the forums that there might be a different wire harness & slightly different location, and also a different RDC module, so I was thinking of maybe doing this sometime n the summer months, when working on the car is possible.
Now, if I don't need to change anything that would be great. My X is a 2011 with the N52 engine. What software did you use to reprogram the TPM? And could you please post a detailed sequence of what was coded? (from what value to what value)

Thanks!!!!
e83 N52
e46ci M54B25 (e53 N62 - sold, R.I.P. e39 M54B30)
Appreciate 0