View Single Post
      02-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #20
Neylus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 28i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
So for people who want to pose, the outlay is over $1900 (or whatever the cost) just to say "look what I have got!". In my opinion a waste of money (unless money to burn), especially when the the only people who see them in normal day to day driving is the people on the opposite side of the road. Unless the person who has spent the cash keeps getting out and running round to the front and keeps admiring them . That gets a bit old after a while.

Each person to his own, but in my view it is typical BMW making a quick killing when they could just fit LEDs instead of xenons. Just like the old days in the UK when you had to pay for the cabin heater. Now all cars have them as standard.

Just an opinion you understand.
For that matter I don't jump out and look at any part of the car while driving. But I do admire the appearance of the X3, including the front end fitted with LED's. I have to say a BMW is a pretty unnecessary investment period, so the argument against LED's as a "luxury" seems a bit odd. That said, what is $1900 on a $50k car to bring it inline with the next 10 years of automotive lighting? At the very least, it's not instantly outdated.

Not much on internet arguing, just giving my 2 cents. Thanks.
Appreciate 0