Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjp1979 View Post
Thanks for the replies so far all.

In response to the above, why a diesel... I don't have much of a choice about diesel - they're all diesels in the U.K. X3s.

I have been car on a 4 year PCP but will likely hand it back after 3 years so chances are it will only be services once in that time. One thing my dealer has mentioned is that it covers MOT but again, this will only be due after 3 years which is when I will likely be handing back the car for something else anyway (hopefully with a bit of equity).

The message I'm getting is not to bother with the service plan and just pay the service on an ad hoc basis when it's due..?
@bjp1979

I was also a little surprised to see the question of why a diesel given that you are about to pickup the vehicle and that the X3 (F25) only comes in diesel in the UK. Perhaps he is questioning your original decision, but if you want a later F25 X3, then then as you say.......all diesels.

I run the 3 litre X3 xDrive30d MSport and the question of why you should buy a diesel appears to be that it is assumed that low mileage users are doing short runs and that the diesel particulate filter (dpf) will suffer. I have run diesels (Audi, VW and BMW since 1991) and I have always gained on the resale value at trade in because private buyers are willing to pay more for them. I do the same mileage as you do but it is always on long runs, so dpf clogging up is not an issue.

As far as the dealer covering the MOT! I am not sure why he said that. You will have to pay for it anyway. My dealer called in my vehicle for an inspection just before the 3 year MOT point (6 weeks ago) saying anything needing sorting out would be done under warranty. The MOT is called up in the iDrive as an inspection anyway and if anticipated by several weeks then you are covered.

At the price you have been quoted, I would take the deal. There again that is me and others might have a different view. Also your circumstances might change and mileage might go up and you might keep the car longer.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0