View Single Post
      11-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

Another Statisfied JB Stage 1 Owner

It’s been a couple of weeks since I installed BMS’s JB stage 1 for the N20. Having experience with installing the JB4 on my 335, the process was virtually identical. You’ll tap into 2 sets of sensors, then neatly tuck away the BMS control module. The install process took me no longer than 30mins, most of which was consumed by my OCD to zip tie and secure all the wiring in place.

Initial driving impressions…in comfort mode, Stage 1 is very civilized. Unless you go WOT in comfort, the difference is slight and very linear. In Sport Mode, the little N20 drives completely different. Throttle response and power increase is very noticeable, so much to the point that my wife’s neck snaps back and forth upon depressing the throttle. The default boost increase makes the N20’s power closer to my N55’s in stock trim. It definitely put a smile on my face. What I don’t care for though, is the jerkiness of the shifts and unforgiving throttle response. From what I read prior to the install, I was not surprised by the jerkiness.

Would I recommend this upgrade, without a doubt. The power increase is well worth the price of admission. What I enjoy most is, the ease of install and removal.
Appreciate 0