Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mge92
Quote:
Originally Posted by X4Fanatic View Post
I've checked out both-

Saw your vid with the supersprint. Hows the sound at low rpms?
However for the ~2K, I'd rather get the MPE. Also I prefer the dual tips vs quad.

So I did more research:

1. The 28i has 2 Front mufflers + 1 Rear, whereas 35i has 1 front muffler+1 Rear.
2. 28i has the vibration absorber on the rear silencer, whereas 35i has it on the exhaust pipe.

Couple options:
1. Remus Quad Axleback (~$1200)- Cheapest option but saw a post saying the the sound is not much different from a 35i?

2. X4 MPE "Axleback" adapted to 28i (~$2200)- With the extra muffler, I have a feeling the sound will be more muted compared to the 35i+MPE (Not to mention the N20 engine). Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. X4 MPE + 35i Front exhaust pipe "Catback" (~$2900)- This would mean adapting the front end of my 28i front exhaust pipe to fit the 35i's, which the MPE would just bolt onto at the rear end. Any technical complications with this?
Honestly I wouldn't go the adapting route just to get an exhaust which may or may not sound good on another engine. If you want something cheaper then you might as well go custom and go to an exhaust shop and get them to custom make you one. Then they can tune the sound to your taste. What is your goal? If you want to make it crazy loud then you might as well go straight pipe and go with a catless dp from Evolution Racewerks. The supersprint exhaust is good but it drones at 1500 rpm. Supersprint makes a single side exhaust so does remus.

- Get ER DP (catless or catted) with custom exhaust
- Get ER DP with remus exhaust or supersprint
- Get ER DP with straight pipe
Agree- adapting the 35i exhaust to the N20 might end up sounding terrible. Buy the tips/valence you want and have one fabricated to your liking.
Appreciate 0