View Single Post
      08-04-2016, 01:38 AM   #1960
mmaigret
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I recently had my X3 in for service, and despite me specifically asking the dealer to not reprogram the ECU, they did anyway (grrr). Now I've lost all my coding and the I-Step has been updated to F025-16-07-501, similar to Paul J below (more grrrr).

I have patched/PIN'd copy of ESys (3.23?) that I've had for a while; I also obtained a later copy psdzdata (59.2?) that I think should be compatible with the new I-Step. However, it does not appear that I am currently able to use VO coding for some reason (unable to activate FA), but even if I could, it seems my options for coding are incredibly limited (even more grrrr).

I see Shawn Sheridan appears to be the man with the plan here; curious if I could trouble him for some advice on what options I have at this point TIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
I recently got the OEM trailer hitch installed at the dealership, and they also updated the software to accommodate for the hitch. I'm now having trouble coding the car, I can't read some of the coding data. I get error messages such as "File for "cafd_000007c8-007_001_022" not found! [C012]".
I noticed the car's I-Step changed from "F025-15-11-503" to "F025-16-07-501". I'm using PSdZData v.58.3. Do I need a new version?
Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,
Paul
Appreciate 0