Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R
Andy_o

It must be to do with the part of the country you live in and perhaps the level of disposable income. I live in a village in Oxfordshire that is only 12 miles from the BMW Mini plant and because of that we have a community with many working there in one capacity or another. These people tend to drive BMWs because they get good discounts one way or another and accordingly we see many BMWs sitting on the people's drives.

There are four X3s within one mile of me and two within 200 yards and they are all Space Grey. They are all MSport and 63 plate onwards having Angel Eyes that denotes the upgraded lights.

It is all down to your priorities. In my view you reduce the impact of the cost of Xenons by negotiation or by subtle changes to your desired specification when doing the deal. Also many people just do not realise the difference between visibility of one lighting system over the other until it is too late to change the build specification.

Anyway, gone are the days that you are a captive audience when you need to purchase locally. If you cannot do a deal that suits you locally, then you tell the dealer you are going elsewhere. Around 3 years ago, I met a BMW acquaintance on another forum who lived in Aberdeen. He did a deal with Coopers of Croydon (I think) and stayed with me overnight during the collection of the car. He saved £1500 and that sort of money could get him desirables or essentials that suited him.
Being a Sunday morning and having too much time on my hands, I've just done some very unscientific research on the Bmw auc website

Out of the first 100 cars searched nationally in descending price order 31/100 had xenons fitted

Not scientific I know .. Just a snapshot of what's currently on sale

I'm sure someone will come along and say exactly how many have been sold with/without xenons

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0