View Single Post
      12-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #22
RaslDasl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive35i

I coded my 2016 successfully. I basically followed the instructions to remove the two options that turn off VLD and anti-dazzle and then VO code every section but the engine.

VLD is very easy to check in your garage or other dark area. Turn the fog lights on and off and you should see the low beams adjust to a new pattern.

The tunneling feature of anti-dazzle is nearly impossible to see without fog. I do definitely see the left beam turning off for oncoming traffic and see the right shoulder well lit when following.

I get flashed once in a while but I attribute it more to the fact that all 4 headlights are on, both top and bottom, than to drivers actually being blinded. Between the high beam assist (which still turns the high beams fully off in many conditions) and the anti-dazzle I'm sure I'm "dazzling" a lot fewer drivers than I would doing my high beams manually.

The VLD is actually quite good. If you pay attention to the beam pattern you will see it adjusting based on speed. At slower speeds it throws a wider pattern and at higher speeds it projects further down the road. Plus it also does the different pattern with fogs.
Appreciate 0