10-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #11
derriktr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Tell me about it. I just saw your video of it working in the other post... In the 3 series, it's a little bulb in the headlight housing.

I'm really puzzled now how you seem to have it. Do you have adaptive headlights?

In my 3 series manual, in the index it's called "Corner-illuminating lamps (or Cornering lamps), refer to Adaptive Head Light". So I searched on the US owners manual even, under anything with the word "corner", and I didn't see anything mentioned, so I figured none of the North American cars have them.

I'll double check to see how my fog behaves when I turn the wheel / use the turn signal. I have a Cdn spec 2014 X3 35, and I see you have a 2011. I'm going to be choked if they decided to leave it off the Canadian models...
yeahhh.... that would be ridiculous if they disabled it. I know that my model year (2011) didn't have the anti-dazzle setting enabled due to US regulations being different than European. Instead of following vehicles with a "shadow" following the vehicle, the BMW's would just shut off high beams until the camera didn't see any more oncoming lights. This is something I would be able to enable if my vehicle had the auto brights stock - which it didn't (The only option the vehicle didn't have when I bought it CPO) the camera also costs upwards of $300 from what I've seen.

I'll do some research to see if you could enable the cornering lighting with coding. In the interim, you can check to see if you have "524 Adaptive headlights" by entering your last 7 VIN digits on a BMW VIN decoding website. I use www.bmwvin.com but I'm sure there are other ones. If you do have that option, a call to the dealer is in order, as well as asking a few other heated questions...

I'll get back to you in the public forum vice a PM in case I either find something or don't - as others may have the same query.