View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #41
exon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i Jet Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
I do not understand that statement. Of course you can see the benefits immediately it becomes dark. The visibility is far better and far safer and a huge difference from standard halogen lights. I regretted not having them on my f31 320d. I think you are getting confused with the corona rings (angel eyes) that you cannot see from inside unless you are sitting behind another car and you can see the reflection.

Not in the UK my friend. Anyway, mine have an option for switching them off in the iDrive.

Anyway, the BMW ones are hardly noticed anymore because the other manufacturers have different ones and more noticeable on newer cars.
Well for the first part, i was speaking of the aesthetics. Some people option the xenon lights just for the nicer looks regardless of the actual lighting improvement. On top of that, if OP drives in a well lit city/surburb area, I would even say the lighting difference is livable. It is not like all the other Hondas or Toyotas with halogen lights are crashing into each other or drive like grandpas when the sun goes down.

I hope the OP can enjoy his new X3, BMW did not gain its name from the headlights. Drive it, push it or cruise it and forget about the lights.
Appreciate 0