General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolaNoCalhau View Post
Hi Shawn,

Initiated this today and so far just made FA and CAFD backup of original configuration files as per April1's tutorial.

However, when reading CAFD files, after "read coding data" in "coding" box, the error report reports 7 errors - please see attached report.
Is this a problem? Tried 3 or 4 times with same result.

Before continuing the process, 2 questions:

- did I do correctly disconnecting E-Sys after reading coding data? Should have done anything else before disconnect? Or is it safe to disconnect anytime anywhere?

- during the process I'm always afraid the car goes off, because I noticed already that after a while it goes off when listening to the radio. If it happens during E-Sys connection, independently of what I could be doing, can it damage or brick something?

Being too cautious because don't want to brick anything.

Tks in advance for your continued support.
You can disconnect E-Sys anytime so long as you are not in the middle of writing data to ECU.

You should not be worrying about the car going off as the motor should be running during coding.

What PSdZData version are you using?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0