View Single Post
      10-20-2014, 03:35 AM   #24
Rodion
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25)

Let me give some insight of my car. The car is now 2 and ½ years old, closing 60 000km on the clock.

Specifications where the car has been driven:

Near Arctic circle, (Kiutaköngäs), snow, ice and -30 Celsius.

Piran, Slovenia, +38 Celsius.

And everywhere in-between those points.

Daily usage is only 20 km within city, and in winter time the car doesn't warm up in the morning. But at the office in the garage, it warms up. And again in the evening, it freezes outside. Ie. a lot of temperature changes.

I also drove a Polish really bad highway full of "curls" . It felt like driving on a big washing board. It was E36 east from Cottbus, DE.

Here is the streetview.

From the beginning I have had the front-end-clunk, but that has been checked two times in maintenance and they say it is normal. I only here it when driving into our office garage and some other times too. Maybe once a day as a maximum.

Also I had weird "squeek" from the dashboard or A-pillar, but that was fixed in maintencance.

Another odd is the AC compressor sound, but I think it might be just empty of the cooling gas, so that will be fixed in the next maintenance I hope.

Bearing all the shit the car has gone though there is no other rattles or noises with the interior. Not even when driving on ramps in angled way (the car body is screwed). The car and the chassis still feels solid (excl. previous issues I wrote).

A huge different compared to Skoda Octavia I had in same age (60 000km and 2 years old).
Appreciate 0