View Single Post
      04-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #15
LeeAC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
My wife can't stand the HUD, in my 335i she turns it off when she drives, but she has vertigo (think it messes with her mind)
I can't see buying another car without the HUD (for myself that is)

Heated steering wheel is a must if in cold climates, its a bummer that its now only part of the $950 cold weather package, it used to be a $150 stand alone option, now you have to pay $300 for rear heated seats which people who have kids in car seats do not need...

skip LED lights, Xenon are just fine (LED way overpriced right now).

premium sound a must if they like listening to music while driving

sport seats are a lot nicer than standard ones.

parking sensors and backup camera are all you really need, the surround view is cool but not worth the $750 extra (we have it now as it was part of the old tech package, always have backup camera on instead as you can't use both at the same time...)

get bigger wheels, car has huge wheel wells, anything under 18" looks silly, 19" is good, 20" is great if you get M Sport
That's too bad. I love it too. When my husband drives my car, he keeps asking me what the GPS is telling him to do and I'm like, LOOK AT THE HUD!!! He "forgets" its there...ha

I agree with you about parking sensors and camera. I didn't get the overhead one and its just fine.

I do wish I got the heated steering wheel. Only seats on mine.
Appreciate 0