View Single Post
      02-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #16
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

JB4 problem

I myself had the stage 1 JB tune in my x3 35i. It was professionally installed, twice, may I add, and there were problems. First and foremost the tune was an excellent performance upgrade and I highly suggest diving in and increasing your power asap. As we know the car does 5.5 sec flat 0-60 all day everyday. With this tune I was getting 4.9-5.1 easy. It was a blast while it lasted. I had the K&N drop in filter btw. About 4-8 times a week I was getting "drivetrain malfunction". So I had to stop the car, shut it off, wait 10 sec, and then start her up again so the error would go away. And guess what sometimes it would never come back on the same day, but it did comeback weekly nevertheless. I spoke with Terry numerous times and he suggested some things that unfortunately never worked. The installer was "Auto Couture" out in NJ, very respectable place. I do NOT think it was their fault after 2 separate installs. To make a long story short, I sold the tune on Ebay and now I'm back to stock. Poor me, right? I'll give BMS another shot next time.
Appreciate 0