View Single Post
      02-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #86
nikolaig
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostileharry View Post
I reported the first one to MotorWerks in Barrington (place of purchase) and they said 'It's just the cold weather, it will be fine'.
That's exactly where I see the problem. How would you argue with such an argument if the issue indeed does not happen every day, particular set of conditions is required and there is no way to diagnose it until it happens. Even for the judge it would be their word against yours. I am wondering how a consumer can deal with such situation.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that this is exactly the case for NHTSA (or Transport Canada in my case). Basically, a third party that is, hopefully, neutral to BMW and prioritizes the driver safety over anything else. They have to perform the independent investigation and decide if these cars are safe to drive until the permanent fix is available. That would be fair, I think.

Maybe you should consider at least filing the complaint to NHTSA. I believe the online procedure takes only few minutes. Hopefully if they receive several similar complains they will move. I did the same for Transport Canada.

I have found an interesting link: http://www.glassbytes.com/2013/08/pl...unroof-defect/. Not exactly our problem but I do see some similarities.
Appreciate 0