View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #55
nikolaig
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Well, I was (somewhat) joking about the class action. Not enough time to deal with that and monetary loss may be difficult to measure.

What is really disappointing is that surely BMW should have done the extensive testing of their car in harsh weather conditions. Have they done it? How come that problem was not reproduced? Especially if it is "5 microns" I just do not believe that such a component as PDM, especially if it is NOT SEALED did not go through extensive environmental testing/certification, standalone, as module. It would be against the industry practice, I believe.

I hope they do not invent a part with integrated air conditioner for cooling and drying it. Although that would be typical for BMW And the fan on this module would die every 8 months and will be $400 to replace. And it will be exactly like $2 cooling fan from China but with proprietary BMW connector And those who keep the car outside would be labeled as "poor owner profile" and denied the warranty coverage for the part

Also there is something different I hear from my dealer. They are saying that they are getting the redesigned part, which is expected to fix the problem. Which sort of implies that it is available. Somebody is lying here - or we can call it "miscommunication" to be polite

As for the "quality"...please do not get me wrong. I still believe that the service quality at my dealership is quite high. Not any worse than at Mitsubishi dealership, where I was getting very good care as well. BMW service is better, as I would actually expect! The problem is with the product, i.e. the car. Its quality is way below my expectations. After so many visits to the dealer in 5 months with all sorts of problems - rattling window, lack of antifreeze, "chassis 4x4 stabilization...", leaking door seal etc, now this major problem, then I also have that noisy sunroof. Sorry, this is really not what I paid for. And, yes, I agree that most likely I am among those X% (where X may be very low, why not) suckers who has got a lemon car, others do not have a fraction of the problems I faced. But it still sucks to be among these X% anyway! And, seriously, the trust I had in this car has almost evaporated. And, believe me, I was a very enthusiastic owner at the beginning and I can prove it with the bills showing the amount of money I have spend on various accessories for this car in few months after buying it. I would not spend anything like it if I was not intending to keep the car for a couple of years.
Appreciate 1