10-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #29
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman Murch View Post
Looks are subjective, feel is perspective, performance is objective and intuition is retrospective
I like this quote. Nice!

Interior looks worse than it is because the wood is all covered up in the test vehicle. The last photo with the full X3 interior looks nice.

I like the integrated iDrive screen as well, although I don't necessarily dislike the protruding iPad version, just depends on the execution.

Had an F30 loaner without nav and the iPad thing looked pretty tacky. I agree with others as a previous owner of an E36 and an E46, something feels wrong with the F30 interior; I see the same in modern C-Class also so I think it's just overall cost cutting and par for the course these days.

However on the 6-series the protruding screen looks much nicer, not cheapo plastic, and with standard nav it's wider and therefore better proportioned. The new X5 version looks good, too.

Anyway you can see they are paving the way for the LCI of the X4 which will probably get the updated interior. Likely this project was too late in the development cycle to warrant putting in the new interior.

I think this X4 may be the last BMW we see introduced with an integrated iDrive screen.
Appreciate 0