04-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #149
cjwb1984
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The latest pictures taken in Dubai are simply stunning. Something we trying to capture in Shanghai with the production model of the BMW i3 futuristic styling in an almost alien backdrop of a futuristic city.

As long as SAVs dominate the market segments then you will see more from premium manufacturers. The luxury segment for the 7er , A8 , S-Klasse etc are being decimated by luxury SUVs and in case of the 7er in some markets this is being outsold by the 6er Gran Coupe .

So you have to provide sustainability in regards to what could happen tomorrow as in the luxury segment the demographics have changed. Which is why we will see more practical four door sports coupes and SAVs from premium manufacturers in the high end luxury segment.

Right now in the sub-compact , compact and high luxury segment there is a huge boom in SUVs which is why you will find many manufacturers being specific about these segments.

I've been waiting for something like the X4. I hope the production doesn't deviate much. (It's already been speculated which might change.) I hope it gets the upgraded Idrive and don't expect much to change in the interior from the x3. Although I do hope BMW differentiates it a little. Can't wait for this to land in US soil
Appreciate 0