Originally Posted by April1
There are two issues:
1. Emails on iPhone are displayed on iDrive as SMS
2. One needs to adjust mail notification every time phone is connected to iDrive over Bluetooth to get emails on iDrive.
You should know that my 2011 750 li Xdrive works flawlessly with email.
Here is the trick and it works 100% of the time for me. I did report it here somewhere.
1. After your blue tooth recognizes and pairs with iphone, do the following. Like, just before you put the iPhone in the cradle.
2. Push the round menu button once to get you to a display of icons.
3. Double click the round menu button (yes, the same menu button)
4. A row of icons with a red/white minus sign next to them will appear.
5. Carefully slide your row of icons until you find the icon for email on the iPhone.
6. Touch the red minus sign associated with the email icon. This effectively kills the email process. (This is similar to a kill -9 in unix)
7. Tap the menu button once to get hide the row of icons.
8. Click on the normal email icon.
9. Click on inbox to see your messages.
10. Press the round button once to hide the email. This leaves your newly started email process in the background.
That's it. Now I know these ten steps seem like a lot. But, it is not. It only takes a few moments and is faster than going finding the settings icon, etc.
Just give it a shot. You will see it is not that bad. Once complete, the iPhone works in cradle or out for the rest if your trip.
If you leave the car with your iPhone, then you must go to tele and reselect your blue tooth connection...then follow these steps.
In reality, it only takes a few seconds to execute the above. It looks like a lot of steps, but it really isn't and I just wanted to carefully outline the procedure.