BMW announced over the summer that the US would be getting new turbo diesel engines
(a 180HP 4-Cylinder and 255HP 6-Cylinder), and now we see that BMW is planning 6 new diesel models for the NA market in 2013 and 2014.
The slide you see below was reportedly taken during a BMWNA meeting and it reveals the upcoming diesel model lineup and schedule:
• F30 3 Series sedan diesel - first half 2013
• F31 3 Series touring - second half 2013
• F10 5 Series diesel - third quarter 2013
• X5d diesel - end of 2013
• 7 Series diesel - first half 2014
• X3d diesel - first half 2014
No info yet on which models may receive what engines, but the 4-cylinder mentioned above may see duty in models labeled 20d or 25d; and the 6-cylinder may power models labeled 28d, 30d or 35d, as well as their counterparts in the xDrive models. No matter the nomenclature, this is wonderful news for the BMW's NA customers!
Slide via Vwvortex