Originally Posted by April1
Some how my post got deleted, surprising. I tried to edit n iPhone iOS 6.
If I remember correctly I had observed the following:
1. Multiple email accounts can be setup on iPhone to work with iDrive
2. Mail accounts should be setup to have a notification, banner or alert
3. iPhone notification should be set to Alert
4. Bluetooth should be setup only after step 2 above with at least one email account. Otherwise if it was done earlier, delete the Bluetooth account and setup again with notification and pair with iDrive.
6. Mails that are received only after the Bluetooth connection is established are transmitted to iDrive.
7. Mails are displayed as SMS messages.
8. Struggling to delete text messages from iDrive , they get automatically deleted once car is switched off.
9. This system appears to be unreliable, it doesn't work all the time.
10. It seems iPhone can send max 10 unread mails to iDrive.
Re. unreliablity: does your email ever work first time you get in the car? I find SMS always does but email needs to be "reminded" to work by making a small adjustment to your iPhone notification settings. I'm using an iPhone 4