View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
I feel that BMW is trying their best to suppress public knowledge of this so I should put this out as a heads up. They don't even put those new tire pamphlets in the glovebox anymore.

Pirelli still offers a road hazard policy for run flat tires, especially useful for those that didn't pay for a separate post-sales policy with BMW Financial or the dealership.

Read about it here:

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/ca/en/ca...yres.tab?tab=7

If you have Pirelli as OEM equipment (ie., P7 all season RFTs) you can get 100% replacement free if it got damaged by nails or such within 1 year or a specific wear level. After that, it's pro-rated dependent on wear.

You have to print a copy of the Pirelli policy and show this to the dealership. Service guys will deny knowledge of this or pass this off as an issue you have to sort out on your own with Parts or Pirelli itself. You are entitled to a one for one swap. The dealership should be filing for reimbursement from BMW Canada and they in turn will claim with their supplier (who deals with Pirelli Canada).

Generally speaking, any authorized Pirelli tire dealer should process this claim for you, but Pirelli's own claim process may be cumbersome enough that if you're not their customer to begin with they won't be tempted into doing you any favors. BMW obviously has an incentive to sell RFTs at full retail therefore has suppressed any knowledge of this as well as removed documentation in the cars, and will always claim RFTs are unrepairable.

From personal experience, the only ones that knew what to do with this were the senior parts guys at BMW Mississauga and BMW Toronto. Another member was able to get Parkview to do this for them.
Forgot to add: This warranty applies to all of North America. Check out the bulletin though, because it says ALL PIRELLI RUN FLAT TIRES.

The local tire dealer here has the new tire on order and it should arrive monday!

This post should be a sticky.
Appreciate 0