06-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #1978
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie
Can't wait to see you add even more things to it (as you get more familiar with the car): it is a work of art.
I am about to rant about 6NR and the bloody cradle.

I got my cradle today, and really Plugin is really not worth the hassle ... Yes you can watch video, but it doesn't zoom. Plugin does know about audio books and stuff, but for most people, having tried USB, cradle and Bluetooth ... I would probably do USB every time.

The new iPhone cradle has a built in fan, because of overheating, but you can't put your iPhone in when it's wearing a case.

I got myself a 30 pin iPod extension lead which I have plugged into the cradle and which I then plug in to the cased iPhone, but it all takes space.

The allows me to enjoy the best of USB with access to the external antenna which USB can't, but is it worth the faf?

Now I have done it its going to be marginally better than USB, but at quite a lot of extra cost.

I will probably never use 6NR and the fan from the modified cradle is going to bug me ...

... I need to find a flawed version which is pre fan.

6NR is only £100 so it's probably worth getting, but will you ever use it? ... More than likely, I won't!

P.S. Did I mention that Top View and reversing cam rocks!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0